With over 100 years of a proud history of excellence in education, Tauriko School provides a unique learning experience in New Zealand - celebrating the best of urban living and rural traditions.
The school's essence statement "Learning . Leading . Succeeding" provides a core focus on developing young people who:
- Love Learning
- Have skills that support them to be life-long learners in the 21st Century
- Are afforded a wide range of leadership opportunities
- Contribute positively to their communities
- Know they can make a difference
- Experience success in learning and develop an understanding and confidence in who they are as people
Tauriko School believes that student learning and achievement happen most successfully within a strong supportive partnership between home and school. "It takes a village to raise a child" and the school and its community are wrapped around each student to support their success.
Strong models for learning are modelled by school staff and parents/whanau. The school espouses a strong belief in its focus as a community of learners - student, staff and parents/whanau.
We all learn from each other, all of us are teachers and all of us are learners.