Tauriko School - Learning Today, Leading Tomorrow

Search   

Our People

Mrs Suzanne Billington - See my latest BLOG post

Kia ora koutou katoa, Talofa Lava, Malo e lelei, Ni Hao, Anyoung haseyo, Konichi wa, Guten tag, Bonjour, Ola, hello and welcome to Tauriko School, a school that believes "learning is for life” and that children learn supported by a community that models and encourages this philosophy. Here children develop a strong sense that the world they dream today is what they can make it tomorrow.

Tauriko School's strategic vision is that its students are resilient, standing strong in their identity and proud of our school's rural heritage. From this base they are empowered to actively participate with success in the 21st Century. This active participation supports our students to grow as learners today so they can participate in their community both local, national and global, leading tomorrow.  E-Learning is a major strategic focus in order that our students can access the curriculum as 21st Century learners, having the skills to participate fully in an ever changing, global community.

A proud rural tradition, strong community values, teachers who are passionate about educational success and committed to knowing their learners, and a supportive and involved Board and parent community means all students are supported to achieve to their full potential.

Students learn in vibrant, well-resourced learning environments that integrate information and communication technologies throughout learning. Staff are involved in on-going professional learning that enables them to practice at the cutting edge of educational thought.

The school’s website is designed to support families to access important information about Tauriko School and office staff are always happy to answer your questions.

Once again, a very warm welcome to Tauriko School. Please keep in touch.

Suzanne Billington
Principal

Learning Today, Leading Tomorrow