Tauriko School - Learning Today, Leading Tomorrow

Search   

Enrolment

Kia ora koutou katoa, Talofa Lava, Malo e lelei, Ni Hao, Anyoung haseyo, Konichi wa, Guten tag, Gruetzi, Bonjour, Ola, hello

Thank you for considering Tauriko School as your school of choice for your child.

Tauriko School operates an enrolment scheme. All children who live within the zone operated by this scheme are entitled to come to Tauriko School as of right. Enrolment forms for these students can be obtained from the school office.

Parents of students who live within the school's home zone and who intend to enrol their child(ren) at any time during 2017, should notify the school as soon as possible to assist the school to plan appropriately for 2017.

Any children who do not live in this zone can pre-enrol to apply to be considered for a place the following term. If more students apply than there are out-of-zone places a ballot is held to determine which students are enrolled. Information about this process and how it works is on our website here. Information about enrolment schemes is also on the Ministry of Education website.

We look forward to receiving your enrolment application.

School Procedures:

Enrolment:

"Tauriko School operates an enrolment scheme. It is required that this operates under all legal obligations of the Education Act and as per MOE guidelines. The Board’s direction is to operate this scheme in order that one class of out-of-zone students is carried by the school in any one term (BOT Minutes 30 June, 2016). The Principal is to look at known numbers for the following term and follow this direction when setting ballot numbers for that term. The Board makes this decision being aware that out-of-zone students do not attract property funding and the impact this could have on class numbers with the school’s classroom space being at a premium."

All out-of-zone enrolment applications include evidence of genuine enrolment. These can include:

2017 Out-of-zone Enrolment dates:    

Term 1:  Thursday 17 November 2016, with ballot if needed Friday 18 November 2016

Term 1:  Additional ballot Friday 3 February 2017 closing at 10am with ballot if 

needed in the afternoon of the same day. 

No spaces for an additional ballot for February 3.

Term 2:  Thursday 9 March 2017, with ballot if needed Friday 10 March 2017

No spaces for a ballot for Term 2.

Term 3:  Thursday 1 June 2017, with ballot if needed Friday 2 June 2017

Spaces of the Term 3 ballot will be notified on this website

by 17 May, 2017

Term 4:  Thursday 24 August 2017, with ballot if needed Friday 25 August 2017

Spaces of the Term 4 ballot will be notified on this website

by 9 August, 2017

Each term an application form will be on the website outlining the places available at the Year levels of the school where vacancies exist. The exact number of places available will depend on the number of applications received from students who live within the school's home zone and the Board's direction as per school procedures outlined above.