Tauriko School - Learning Today, Leading Tomorrow

Search   

School Buses

Tauriko School Buses

Tauriko School has four buses that support parents/caregivers with transporting children. These are:

Detailed route advice re these Bus Routes is available now on the School Transport Website

To:
Contact details can be found at the School Transport website. The bus company can be contacted (07) 5783 113.  Ask to speak to Jen.

Many thanks to the families who keep the school informed regarding their children's bus arrangement. :-)

PLEASE NOTE: If there are any changes to the bus travel plans, the office must be informed by no later than 12pm.  If we have not been informed by a parent/caregiver, via the website or telephone, the documentation that we have recorded at the time will stand.  Therefore if your child is recorded as not going on the bus for that day/s, they will not be put on the bus to travel home.  The child will remain at school and the parents will be expected to collect them.  We will not be ringing parents after school to check arrangements as this means the bus is being held up.  Any bus changes need to be made by a parent/caregiver, not by a child.

Route 7 & 11:

This route is available to students at a cost as it does not meet Ministry of Education (MOE) eligibility criteria to be paid for by the MOE. As a service that is only available in the afternoon the cost of this service is $25 per term. There is now a 25% reduction for those families that have more than one child travelling on the bus: Eg             

• 1 child:     $25.00
  • 2 children  $37.50
  • 3 children  $56.25
  • 4 children  $75.00
If payment is not received, your child will not be able to travel on the Lakes Bus.

Routes 12, 13, 14: These buses operate free to eligible students.

School buses are operating differently this year. School Hopper buses have been introduced in urban areas and our rural bus lines have been re-contracted and routes altered and adapted.

The rural bus routes (12, 13, 14) will run morning and afternoon. The Cambridge Road and Lakes bus routes (7 & 11) will run in the afternoon only. These routes are special services added to the beginning of a college run in the afternoon by the Tauranga Transport Network Group to support our school with congestion outside the school on SH29. The cost for this afternoon only service is $25 per student.

The Ministry of Education has clear guidelines around how school buses are to operate. Ministry guidelines state that students who are 3.2km from their closest school are eligible to use the school bus for free. School Transport Entitlement Zones established by the Ministry of Education clarify the transport zones students belong too. It is important to look at these if your child uses the school bus. Maps showing Tauriko School and Kaimai School's bus zones are in the left hand margin of this web page. Students who do not attend their closest school using a school bus must ask for permission from their closets school's Board. 

However, as Tauriko School is currently a member of the Tauranga Transport Network Group ( a group of schools who together manage school bus funding) any students bypassing us as their closest school to go to any the schools listed below can be transported for $50 per term without asking permission from the school’s listed below that they are bypassing:

*     Greerton Village School

*     Greenpark School

*     Maungatapu Primary

*     Omokoroa Point

*     Omokoroa No 1

*     Otumoetai Intermediate

*     St Mary’s Catholic School

*     Tauranga Primary School

*     Tauranga Intermediate

*     Welcome Bay School

This can happen if there is a bus route available to use and space on the bus. Money is paid to the school they attend who passes this onto the Tauranga Transport Network Group.

With the new bus systems that will operate next year for rural buses the Tauranga Transport Network Group will review the system mid year so Boards of Trustees can consider whether this in the best interests of their particular schools and families can be notified of any changes earlier in 2015.

The implications for our school are:

A MOE fact sheet out-lining how this all works is available.

How our bus system works and expected behaviour of students on these buses is outlined in our bus procedures (left hand column of this webpage).

Tauriko School is responsible for ensuring children get safely onto school buses in the afternoon. This requires that parents/caregivers of children travelling on all school buses must fill in a Bus Notification Form

If children will not be travelling on the school bus any particular day, please fill in the

Not Travelling Form

Please submit online BEFORE 12pm of that school day, otherwise the school will assume arrangements are to be followed as usual.

If a child would like to travel an extra day, or on a casual basis, please fill in the

Casual Bus Booking Form - Submitted before 12pm on the day of travel.

Please note: There is a fee of $1 to travel on the LAKES BUS and this must be paid to the school office prior to the children travelling on the bus.