We would love to invite you and your family to join us at Tauriko School.
Tauriko School is a school with over 100 years of history as a school of excellence in education. It caters for students from 5 years old to 13 years old - Year 1 - 8. Tauriko School caters for students in Primary and Intermediate School.
In accordance with the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students, Tauriko School requires that all International Students live with their parent/s or a legal guardian until they are 10 years old. From 10 years old students can utilise Home Stay arrangements should they wish to.
If you have any questions about your application, please feel free to contact Lynda Palfrey, our International Student Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org or +64 27 420 6543
- Complete the International Student Application form within Enroller (please click on the Apply Now link on this page to register with Enroller). Please check to ensure all information is correct before submitting the application. When your application has been received, you will be contacted. If there is space available at our school for your child to study with us for the enrolment dates you have specified, then your child will be offered a place at our school. You will be sent an 'Offer of Place' letter and an invoice for tuition fees.
- Accept your child's Offer of Place by accepting the offer within Enroller and making your payment to Tauriko School.
- Once the full payment has been made you will receive a Receipt and Confirmed Offer of Place to Tauriko School
- You will then be able to apply for a student visa.
- Your orientation and induction meeting will be scheduled for you on your arrival in Tauranga. This will be with our International Student Manager, and our Principal (subject to availability).
As we are a full primary school, your child can enrol for both their Primary and Intermediate school years, provided there is space available. Our students then go to High School: Tauranga Girls College, Tauranga Boys College, Otumoetai College (Co-ed), Aquinas College (Catholic), Bethlehem College (Christian).
The Tauriko School Prospectus for International Students and their Families
Our Orientation Prospectus is updated each term, and will be given to new families at their orientation welcome. During this time, families will meet key staff (including the Principal and International Student Manager). Access to a translator in your native language will be organised, if possible.
Our Orientation process:
- New families are welcomed at school, prior to the student's start date (usually the week before)
- Meeting the International Student Manager, ESOL teacher, and Principal
- Students are given their own 'Welcome' pack. This is specific to each individual, and includes photographs of their buddies, their classroom teacher, and their ESOL teachers. This pack also includes 'Handy Tips' about being a student at Tauriko School, and a keychain of common and helpful phrases. These have been translated into students home languages.
- Parents are given their own orientation pack (with school prospectus)
- School uniform is issued (complimentary school shirt and shorts)
- Tour of the school
*Please bring your passport, visa and insurance documents with you
We trust that our Prospectus contains all the information you need. We hope that you find our orientation worthwhile, and that the documents you and your child will receive will be of value to you. We are here to support your child as they transition into a new school, with a new language. We are so proud of our international students - we acknowledge that this is such a big adjustment for them.
Code of Practice
Tauriko School has been accepted as a signatory and has agreed to observe and be bound by the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students, published by the Ministry of Education.
The Education (Pastoral Care for International Students) Code of Practice
When students come to study in New Zealand, education providers have an important responsibility to ensure that those students are well informed, safe and properly cared for.
To support this, the New Zealand government has developed the Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice 2016.
What is the Code of Practice? The Code of Practice prescribes the required outcomes education providers and their agents need to deliver for their international students. The Code of Practice does not apply to concerns about academic standards.
The current tuition fee for International Students studying at Tauriko School in Years 1-8 is $12,000 per annum (GST inclusive), or $3000,00 per school term.
There is an additional administration fee of $285, which is non-refundable.
You will be required to pay a deposit of $1000,00 (GST inclusive) to secure your child's place at our school. This deposit payment will be deducted from your total fees payable.
Tuition fees will be invoiced directly to you, via email. Your invoice will include instructions for payment. Please email our International Student Manager as soon as payment has been made: email@example.com
The tuition fee includes the following:
- General tuition (using the New Zealand Curriculum)
- ESOL programme (small group ESOL lessons four times a week)
- any incidental minor costs associated with the School Programmes
- School uniform (1x polo shirt and 1x shorts). If you wish to purchase additional shirts, shorts, or other uniform items, this will be at an additional cost
At times there may be additional compulsory costs to cover activities such as class trips, outdoor education programmes, extra-curricula activities and school camps. These costs will vary according to the year group the student is in. All additional costs need to be paid for prior to commencement of the school activity. For any activity incurring additional cost, you will be notified in advance via letter.
There are many extra curricular activities eg. sports team, music lessons, coding, chess club etc . These are not compulsory activities, but if students choose to take part in these extra activities there will be a cost involved.