Tauriko School has four buses that support parents/caregivers with transporting children.
- Route 7 - Pm only - 2:30pm #514 Cambridge Road (Leaps & Bounds Childcare), Cnr. Cambridge Road / Miles Lane, Cnr. Cambridge Road / Echo Valley Way, Westridge Drive to Wallace Place, Cambridge Road (opposite Richards Way), Cambridge Road (just before Sterling Gate Drive)
- Route 18 - Pm only - 2:30pm Lakes Boulevard bus stop, Scoria Drive bus stop, Bathhurst Cres (turn), Lakeview Quay bus stop (on way back to SH29)
- Route 12 - Am - 7:30am #81 Ruahihi Road #127 Ruahihi Road #193 Ruahihi Road End of Ruahihi Road Cnr. Ruahihi Road / Dyer Straight #5 Poripori Road Cnr. Poripori Road / Kumikumi Road PM - 2:30pm #99 Ruahihi Road #193 Ruahihi Road #265 Ruahihi Road #48 Ruahihi Road Cnr. Poripori Road / Kumikumi Road
- Route 13 - Am only - 7:20am Cnr. Belk Road / Wintrebre Lane Cnr. Belk Road / Melville Road 7:30am #740 Belk Road (turn) #627 Belk Road #536 Belk Road Cnr. Belk Road / Lawry Lane #46 Belk Road 7:45am Cnr. Omanawa Road / Tomsett Road #671 Omanawa Road #602 Omanawa Road Cnr. Omanawa Road / Jensen Road #446 Omanawa Road #224 Omanawa Road Cnr. State Highway 29 / Redwood Lane Arrive 8am Tauriko School
- Route 14 - Am - 7:30am McLaren Falls Park entrance Cnr. McLaren Falls Road / Walter Henry Drive #534 McLaren Falls Road #586 McLaren Falls Road #1272 Omanawa Road #1208 Omanawa Road #1128 Omanawa Road Bellegn Farm #1076 Omanawa Road #1048 Omanawa Road #1020 Omanawa Road #746 Omanawa Road Cnr. Omanawa Road / Tomsett Road #602 Omanawa Road Cnr. Omanawa Road / Jensen Road #242 Omanawa Road Pm - 2:45pm #101 Belk Road Cnr. Belk Road / Melville Road Cnr. Belk Road / Lawry Lane (turn) #263 Belk Road #316 Belk Road #81 Belk Road #242 Omanawa Road Cnr. Omanawa Road / Jensen Road #597 Omanawa Road Cnr. Omanawa Road / Tomsett Road #796 Omanawa Road #1021 Omanawa Road #1048 Omanawa Road #1076 Omanawa Road Bellegn Farm #1128 Omanawa Road #1272 Omanawa Road #586 McLaren Falls Road #534 McLaren Falls Road #286 McLaren Falls Road McLaren Falls Park entrance
Detailed route advice re these Bus Routes is available now on the School Transport Website
- Compliment a bus driver
- Make a complaint
- Report a bus that may be overloaded
- Request a bus route change
- Request a new or altered bus stop
- Query your child's eligibility to travel
- Report an incident involving a school bus
- Inquire about property left on a bus
- Check times for pick up or drop off
Contact details can be found at the School Transport website. The bus company can be contacted (07) 5783 113. Ask to speak to Roger.
Many thanks to the families who keep the school informed regarding their children's bus arrangement. :-)
PLEASE NOTE: If there are any changes to the bus travel plans, the office must be informed by no later than 12pm. If we have not been informed by a parent/caregiver, via the website or telephone, the documentation that we have recorded at the time will stand. Therefore if your child is recorded as not going on the bus for that day/s, they will not be put on the bus to travel home. The child will remain at school and the parents will be expected to collect them. We will not be ringing parents after school to check arrangements as this means the bus is being held up. Any bus changes need to be made by a parent/caregiver, not by a child.
Route 7 & 18:
This route is available to students at a cost as it does not meet Ministry of Education (MOE) eligibility criteria to be paid for by the MOE. As a service that is only available in the afternoon the cost of this service is $37.50 per term per child.
If payment is not received by the specific dates outlined in the termly newsletter, your child will not be able to travel on the Lakes Bus.
Routes 12, 13, 14: These buses operate free to eligible students.
School buses are operating differently this year. School Hopper buses have been introduced in urban areas and our rural bus lines have been re-contracted and routes altered and adapted.
The rural bus routes (12, 13, 14) will run morning and afternoon. The Cambridge Road and Lakes bus routes (7 & 18) will run in the afternoon only. These routes are special services added to the beginning of a college run in the afternoon by the Tauranga Transport Network Group to support our school with congestion outside the school on SH29. The cost for this afternoon only service ( i.e. Route 7 & 18 is $37.50 per child per term.
The Ministry of Education has clear guidelines around how school buses are to operate. Ministry guidelines state that students who are 3.2km from their closest school are eligible to use the school bus for free. School Transport Entitlement Zones established by the Ministry of Education clarify the transport zones students belong too. It is important to look at these if your child uses the school bus. Maps showing Tauriko School and Kaimai School's bus zones are in the left hand margin of this web page. Students who do not attend their closest school using a school bus must ask for permission from their closets school's Board.
However, as Tauriko School is currently a member of the Tauranga Transport Network Group ( a group of schools who together manage school bus funding) any students bypassing us as their closest school to go to any the schools listed below can be transported for $75 per child per term without asking permission from the school’s listed below that they are bypassing:
Greerton Village School
Omokoroa No 1
St Mary’s Catholic School
Tauranga Primary School
Welcome Bay School
This can happen if there is a bus route available to use and space on the bus. Money is paid to the school they attend who passes this onto the Tauranga Transport Network Group.
The implications for our school are:
- Any students who live closest to Kaimai School and who wish to come to Tauriko School must ask permission from the Kaimai School Board if they wish to travel by school bus. These families would then bring a document from Kaimai School that says this approval is given before they could travel on the school bus. Once we have this document we can then put the student on our buses and charge them $75 per term which is paid to the TTNG. A copy of Kaimai School's Bus Transportation Policy can be obtained from Kaimai School. Kaimai School's bus routes are on their website .
- Any families who choose to drive their children into our school zone to a bus stop can travel on the bus from there for free if there are spaces available on the bus. All of our rural buses had ample space last year.
- Any Year 7 & 8 students who live closest to Tauriko School and wish to travel on school buses to another school need to pay $75 per term to the Tauranga Transport Network Group as these students are not funded by the MOE to travel. This money is paid to the office of the school they choose to attend.
- Any Lakes Bus students for whom Tauriko School is their closest school pay $37.50 to travel on The Lakes bus
- Any Lakes bus students who choose not to go to their closest school (that is part of the Tauranga Network Group) and come to Tauriko School pay $37.50 per term to travel on the bus.
- Any Lakes Bus students who choose not to go to their closest school and come to Tauriko School (if the school is not a member of the Tauranga Network Group) must ask that school’s Board for permission and once gaining permission then pay $37.50 per term.
Further information out-lining how this all works is available on the MOE website.
How our bus system works and expected behaviour of students on these buses is outlined in our bus procedures.
Tauriko School is responsible for ensuring children get safely onto school buses in the afternoon. This requires that parents/caregivers of children travelling on all school buses must fill in a Permanent Changes tab on the website.
If children will not be travelling on the school bus any particular day, please fill in the
Please submit online BEFORE 12pm of that school day, otherwise the school will assume arrangements are to be followed as usual.
If a child would like to travel an extra day, or on a casual basis, please fill in the
Casual Bus Booking Form - Submitted before 12pm on the day of travel.